Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT

 

Well I wish I was writing this entry because things are getting back to normal but they are not - AOL IS CLOSING HOMETIME AND THAT INCLUDES JOURNALS.

I am extremely ticked because I have no idea how to save all the words that I have written over the last 5 years....I have saved every single journal that I have written since high school - yes that is alot of clutter but I cannot let go of all those thoughts, ideas, feelings that I put down on paper - now after 5 years of an online journal - all my words will disappear - as of November 1st.

I do have two other journals that I have tried to maintain....(they say that your aol journal might be able to be migrated into blogger) (which is another blog company) I have my art journal there...it is easy to use like AOL - I also have a journal with wordpress which adding things on the sideboard is not as easy but I like it....

FINDING MYSELF---my art journal

A MOTHER&DAUGHTER PROSPECTIVE---a journal I started with my daughter that is VERY similiar to this one - but I might start another blogger journal to migrate this one to if I find out that is possible - hopefully using the same name...

So those are my two blogs - PLEASE PLEASE save them to your favorite places or emails or whatever - that way we do not lose touch - ALSO PLEASE email me with your new blog address so that we can stay in touch PLEASE.....

What is making me really crazy is that - my pictures are stored on AOL - not the hometime ftp they are in AOL PICTURES....rumor has it that they are closing that too....DAMN - that was my backup....so now I have to figured out where to back those up besides my external hard drive and sorts.

I am okay folks - it has taken me a long time to come back and unfortunately it does not look like I am coming back here - GEEZ - I did write a brief update about myself at my prospective blog, Here is the entry MOTHER & DAUGHTER...I will tell you that they highlight is that as of Jan 25th I quit smoking----I have been smoking since high school so that is EXTREMELY big for me - I am sure it also helps with my COPD but I just woke up one morning (seriously) and no longer wanted a cigarette, and have not looked back...never craved for one - nothing...the daughter has started college - which is a whole other world - one son is working in the regular world in tennessee and the other son is still deployed but he came home for a visit in June - which was grand.

Allen was so "inspired" that I quit smoking that he quit two months later and he also has not looked back - so these are GREAT things!!!

If anything changes about where to find me - I will definitely let you all know but PLEASE do not forget to EMAIL ME your new blog address and send me what email addresses that I can reach you all at....I do not want to lose touch with you all that have stayed in touch....

BTW- this might be okay because I recently found out that my EX has been reading my journal - wish he had the balls (yes I said it) to just be upfront and tell me - but alas who am I kidding - he always had to be sneaky...too chicken to write or call - has to sneak around to find out news....some things never change!

Well I have to go see about saving my pictures.....PEACE~~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better get the printer going and start printing your journal pages.  As for your photos, word to the wise, get them on CD NOW!!!!!!!  Mine were stored on my dang hard drive, ugggghhhhh, and my computer crashed and the hard drive had to be replaced, all photos are gone.  Thank God I'd done a save early summer, so I only lost the ones since that point, just not sure right now if I did it before or after my son and grandkids came.  As luck would have it however I made a cd for my son of those pics and the ones I took with my camera are still in my camera.  So the only ones I'm really going to have lost are the ones we took when we had company from Germany.  I can't remember if I moved my graphics file to cd or not, so it's possible all graphics are gone but I can't be certain.
So get all of those photos onto cd, I know you've got tons but trust me you never know what might happen like the closing of AOL Photos.  Play it safe my dear.
I can't believe Crystalyn is in college, OMG!!!!!!
WTG on the no longer smoking, that is phenominal news!!!!!!  Am so proud of you and Allen both!!!!!!!!  Ooops out of room.  Love ya twin!!!!!!

REFLECTIONS OF A PRISON WIFE said...

HI Ellie!
I'M FOLLOWING YOU!!! FRAN