Wednesday, June 21, 2006

JUST THINGS

 

 

 

 

HEY HEY HEY....I have been kind of stumped about what to write yet again...I really need to write my ideas down and save them for when I do draw blanks...because this is really getting to me.

Just a few things going on here: as you all may or may not know...my illness (the main one being COPD) was brought on by being exposed to black mold in my work place for several years. I sued and won...I, unfortunately have to depend on workman's comp for everything since I sued the insurance company..so according to the judge they have to take care of me until I am at the ripe old age of retirement. (I definitely have many years until then) HOWEVER...I am somewhat at their mercy and very skeptical about dealing with them over anything. Well I finally got tired of it all and I think I already mentioned it....but I am changing my psych doctor...he is much more concerned with money and how many patients he can fit in to a day rather than doing anything useful for me. So I am now waiting on my lawyer to discuss this with WC and find me another doctor. I also had to make another appointment with the pulmonologist because my prescriptions are up and it is time to check in...geez...I really HATE doctors..have I mentioned that yet?

But the lung doc is pretty cool...nice elderly man...very quiet and peaceful demeaner, soft spoken, and really has helped me a GREAT deal. I like going to him...he always has a kind word and will spend all the time in the world with you that you need. 

Okay...the next bit of news is that for the last couple of days I have been fighting a severe sinus headache...I just know it has to do with allergies...tis the season for all that..but these headaches have got to go...I will also speak to the doc about that one...he can prescribe anything he wants for me...or if I want a referral (like I do for my eyes) he can do that too and WC has to honor it. Ihave my list...

Now since I have not gone to the psych doc...he will not renew my prescriptions until I get a referral...(probably because he is losing money) so of course the anxiety attacks are coming back alot more often and my sleep schedule again is even more screwed up...I sleep for an hour and I am up for 4 or 5...I think in total I get about 4 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period...which does not help with the depression or anxiety or anything else. But right now there is nothing I can do.

BTW...my hunnie found one of those fancy flashlights that you charge...it uses the same charger as like drills and such that you can buy...we have a drill one..he found it in front of our garage...INTERESTING....we assume that someone had to be outside and dropped the flashlight when whoever was shocked to see 12 some old adult rotties trying to get at them through the glass windows.
Now...my rotties will bark their lungs out at people outside our house...however the closer you get the crazier they get...the police no longer come into our yard...when we call them (we had trouble with some neighborhood kids stealing) there is a warning that comes up with our address that says we have several bad dogs and to meet owners on the street. That was at their request not ours. Pizza delivery guys have dropped pizzas when our dogs all of a sudden jump on the window beside the front door...and the mailman NO LONGER comes into the yard to deliver packages...he pulls into the driveway and lays on the horn. My dogs have NEVER attacked anyone to my knowledge...HOWEVER I do not believe that anyone outside of my house wants to risk it!!!! GOOD DOGGIES....

We did have one rottie jump through a window when this lil boy was screaming outside near his mom..but once our rottie saw the mommie hugging her child...our rottie just walked up to them and licked the lil boy...she lives around the corner from us...and she stayed with our rottie until we got home from work...(this was years ago) which was about a 15 min wait. Turns out we had to rush the dog to the vet because she cut a main vein in her leg..the blood was everywhere. We still have that rottie...her name is Ginger....the oldest one we have...and the one who started this puppy factory...she will not let ANYONE hurt a child...it is incredible. One time my nephew decided that Ginger needed a walk...what compelled him to feel that way I have no idea...we do not walk our dogs around the neighborhood...we have a big backyard fenced in for them to go crazy. BUT the lil one opened the gate long enough for him and Ginger to take a walk...I thought he was in bed taking a nap...but he snuck out the back glass doors...I never heard him..and they were gone ... I was checking in on him and he was NO WHERE....of course I freaked out..and could not figure where Ginger was because she would never leave his side...well Allen jumped in the van and searched the neighborhood and found them a few blocks away...there were two men trying to get close to my nephew to ask him questions but Ginger would not let them near him...he was only 4 at the time and his speech was a bit delayed..and he NEVER talked to people he did not know...so when my hunnie arrived the men were so relieved ...one of their wives called the police...Allen just had to say to Ginger to load up (getting into the van) and she went in with no problems and my nephew got in after her. The police recognized my hunnie...(because he is in law enforcement also) so they were just thrilled that nothing serious happened to the child. Ginger protected him with her life...Just a GREAT dog.

Okay...enough stories for now...I think I will go veg out and watch fox news and such...I hope the rest of your week goes smoothly...
Remember to SMILE....it is VERY contagious!!!

PEACE!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another friend of mine had the same order. He is now on Social Security disability. Somehow workers comp got him switched to that. Lower check and all i guess. They will do what ever they can to screw you.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about what to write about, just tell us about your day! My chihuahuas bark like crazy when someone is near our yard!!!
love,
Carlene

Anonymous said...

DEAR ELLIE,
I THINK YOU HAVE A GREAT JOURNAL, AND WRITE ABOUT INTERETING THGNGS....................HOPE YOU ARE FEELING OK,  I KNOW, IT IS ROUGH ABOUT DOCTORS, MEDICINES, APPOINTMENTS, ETC,.........IT IS A RAT RACE.  I WORKED AS AN R.N. FOR 28 YEARS, AND RETIRED 4 YEARS AGO.  JUST HANG IN THERE, AND TRY AND BE PEACEFUL, AND THINGS WILL WORK OUT.  ALSO, THANK YOU FOR READING MY JOURNAL!......................FRAN

http://JOURNALS.AOL.COM/CRYSTALMOON222/REFLECTIONSOFAPRISONWIFE/
http://JOURNALS.AOL.COM/CRYSTALMOON222/memoirsofaworldtraveler/

Anonymous said...

I would love to see pictures of your dogs...I love Rotties! What beautiful dogs they are...one time I went to a pet expo in NJ and I saw the most beautiful Rottie there...first of all, he had to be 150 pounds or more...and just huge! One of the most impressive dogs I've seen.  

http://journals.aol.com/derasta/MyBigFatGreekLife

Anonymous said...

My neighbors have dogs they tie out in the front yard in the daytime.  Mailman won't stop when they are out there.  He will lay down on the horn too.  I haven't known the dogs to bite but I'm not taking any chances either!

Sorry to hear about your doctor problems.  There is nothing worse than a doctor that thinks more about money than trying to work with a patient.  There should be a law!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

My Brother in Law's ROT just died. He was about a hundred years old. I never trusted him as he would just sit and look at you for a long time and then get up and start growling at you. Oh well, I like my big Shepherds and they are a lot like your ROT when it comes to people within a fifty mile radius of THEIR property. I had bad sinus headaches up until the humidity here got real low. Now, I'm so dried up I can actually breath again. Have a good weekend. Oh, I'm getting ready to change my "Nut" Doc too. I'm tired of money for pills and no real help. Regards, Bill.