Friday, September 17, 2004

MY BROTHER'S BIRTHDAY

Today is my brother's birthday...First I should point out that he is the youngest. Today he turned 42. WOW--he does not look a day over 35. The only nice pic I had of him was his wedding picture..it really does not do him justice. He is 6'4" and weighs maybe 180 pounds. He has always been skinny (lucky thing). He is a true artist - his work is unbelieveable. He is a master carpenter and now he runs a real estate apprasail business with his wife. They have a daughter in college and a son who is 13. My brother has always been eccentric--I think that is the artist in him. Unfortunately we are NOT close at all. My brother seems to have a deep seeded hatred for me-I just do not know why. He is definitely a product of my father because they both have that nasty attitude when they think they are all that. But ever since my last year in college he really wants nothing to do with me. It figures. IT BOTHERS ME TO NO END. But it is something that I have come to accept.

The way I feel is--it is his loss that he does not know the real me...and his loss that he does not share in the joys and sorrows in my life. I love him to death and that will never change-but I have no regrets. I have always sent him a birthday card for his birthday--I always remember him and his family at christmas and I always call them during the holidays to wish them well. Of course he does not reciprocate the same but that again is his loss.

So I sent my card and I know he received it--There is nothing left for me to say to him except----

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDDIE--I LOVE YOU

PEACE!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS SO SAD, I AM SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR BROTHER.
CHECK OUT THE NEW JOURNAL IN J-LAND.

Anonymous said...

Oh Ellie, I do feel your pain.  I have a half brother who used to be close to me and now we don't talk at all.  I send Christmas cards and such.  I too feel it is his loss, I've made every effort to keep the lines of communication open.  

Monica
Disclaimer: I'm commenting from work, while answering phones. Sooooo, if this sounds daffy or there are major misspellings it only means one thing.  I was distracted by a phone call while I tried to comment.  (never of people calling the hospital!)

Anonymous said...

I know sort of how you feel.  I rarely talk or see my brother -- thanks to his wife and the fact that she hates our family.  I have no idea why she feel so strongly.

kathy

Anonymous said...

HI!  I ENJOYED READING YOUR JOURNAL...MY HUSBAND AND I LOVE ANIMALS TOO, AND WE HAVE PRINCE, A BORDER COLLIE AND 2 SOMALIAN CATS....FRAN